Bachmann Collectors Club products have a Warranty for 12 months from the date of purchase against faulty materials or workmanship subject to the following conditions. During this period such defects that occur will be repaired or defective parts replaced free of charge.
- This Warranty applies only if the item was purchased directly from the Bachmann Collectors Club. This Warranty does not confer any rights other than those expressly set out above and does not cover any claims for consequential loss or damage. The Warranty is offered as an additional benefit and does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- For claims under this Warranty, the product must be returned to us at the owner's expense and risk directly to Bachmann Collectors Club, Moat Way, Barwell, Leicestershire LE9 8EY with evidence of the purchase date in the form of invoice accompanied by a letter setting out the date of purchase, giving a brief explanation of the problem that has led to the claim. It is essential that the claim reach the above address on or before the last day of this Warranty period. Late claims will not be considered.
- The benefits of this Warranty are available only to the initial retail purchaser of the product for the time of ownership of the product or expiry of the warranty period whichever should come first and are not in any way transferable to another.
- The Warranty does not extend to cover damage resulting from misuse or careless handling, accidental damage, wear and tear, or use on a voltage supply other than that stamped on the product as appropriate.
- The Warranty may be considered void if repairs have been attempted other than by Bachmann Europe Plc ‘Bachmann’ staff.
- The Warranty is on the original product in its entirety and does not extend to individual components removed from the product.
- In the event that the Bachmann Collectors Club chooses to replace a product, it will be with the nearest appropriate model of its choice.
- Bachmann reserves the right to decline service to any model that has been fitted with a decoder after manufacture.
- In the case of a Bachmann DCC Sound Decoder Fitted model a seal secures the decoder in place. Removal of this will void the Warranty.
- Bachmann will not be held responsible for damage to or loss of an aftermarket decoder fitted to a model submitted for service under the Warranty.
- The fitting of a Bachmann decoder with a current Warranty shall not be deemed to change the position with regard to a product that is otherwise outside its own Warranty. It may be necessary to change decoder settings during service.
- Bachmann’s liability under this Warranty will in no case exceed the price paid for the product as originally manufactured.